- Fill in the Voter Registration Application (English PDF / Español PDF) online or print the application and write your information in with a black ballpoint pen.
- Print the application.
- Verify that all of the information on your application is complete. The office where you register, your decision not to register, your Social Security Number, your Florida driver’s license number and your Florida identification card number will remain confidential and will be used only for voter registration purposes. Your signature can be viewed, but not copied. Other information becomes a public record.
- Sign your application. The application requires an original signature because you are swearing or affirming to an oath. If the information on the application is not true, the applicant can be convicted of a felony of the third degree and fined up to $5,000 and/or imprisoned for up to five years.
- Place the application in an envelope with a first class stamp.
- Mail the application to your county Supervisor of Elections. You may also opt to mail or hand deliver the application to any Supervisor of Elections’ office in the state, a driver’s license office, a voter registration agency including an armed forces recruitment office, public library, or the Division of Elections.
- If your application is complete and you qualify as a voter, the Supervisor of Elections will mail you a voter information card as official notification that you are registered to vote. Make sure all of the information on your card is correct.
- If you do not receive your card within two weeks, or if you have any questions, call your county Supervisor of Elections.
- For new applicants, your registration date is the date your completed application is postmarked or hand delivered to any Supervisor of Elections’ office in the state, a driver’s license office, a voter registration agency, including an armed forced recruitment office, public library, or the Division of Elections. Generally, you must be registered for at least 29 days before you can vote in an election.
REMEMBER, YOU CAN FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SCREEN AND PRINT IT OUT, OR YOU CAN PRINT OUT THE APPLICATION AND FILL IT OUT BY HAND. NO INFORMATION IS SAVED ON ANY SYSTEM WHEN YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION ONLINE.